WIN ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

05 November 2008

WIN

It seems a little sacrelicious to talk about ANYTHING but election results today, but I just have to also say: WE HAVE A KITCHEN.

What's that thing over there?

IT'S A GAS STOVE.

SO many reasons never to move back to gas-line-breaking earthquake country. Well, only a couple, really. 1. earthquakes 2. no gas stoves.

Oh, my precious gas stove. My pots and pans. MY KNIVES.

I think very few people who don't cook understand about knives. It has been torment to use the crappy temp housing knives for the past month and a week.

My things. My ability to cook.

Also my precious, precious civil liberties.

Last night we ate a full bag of smartfood popcorn waiting for the results. We blew the champagne cork into the ceiling at eleven. We had a phenomenal amount of jumping around in the street, high-fiving strangers driving past, screaming and crying and screaming and eventually singing the national anthem at the top of our lungs at one in the morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

gas stoves are a win! so much better than electric, even if it does set our sensor off every time we cook...

Eileen said...

yes! I love my gas stove so much. Actual control over heat! We don't even have any spices yet and Still the food is awesome.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

gorgeous stove! I'm jealous of the gas, you can char peppers now, ooooh.