WIN ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

05 November 2008

WIN

It seems a little sacrelicious to talk about ANYTHING but election results today, but I just have to also say: WE HAVE A KITCHEN.

What's that thing over there?

IT'S A GAS STOVE.

SO many reasons never to move back to gas-line-breaking earthquake country. Well, only a couple, really. 1. earthquakes 2. no gas stoves.

Oh, my precious gas stove. My pots and pans. MY KNIVES.

I think very few people who don't cook understand about knives. It has been torment to use the crappy temp housing knives for the past month and a week.

My things. My ability to cook.

Also my precious, precious civil liberties.

Last night we ate a full bag of smartfood popcorn waiting for the results. We blew the champagne cork into the ceiling at eleven. We had a phenomenal amount of jumping around in the street, high-fiving strangers driving past, screaming and crying and screaming and eventually singing the national anthem at the top of our lungs at one in the morning.

3 comments:

Abby said...

gas stoves are a win! so much better than electric, even if it does set our sensor off every time we cook...

eileen said...

yes! I love my gas stove so much. Actual control over heat! We don't even have any spices yet and Still the food is awesome.

Liz² said...

gorgeous stove! I'm jealous of the gas, you can char peppers now, ooooh.