Leftover pasta? Fry it! ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

28 February 2012

Leftover pasta? Fry it!

whole wheat spaghetti with chardSo the other day I had a big bowl of whole wheat spaghetti with olive oil, garlic, red pepper, and chard for dinner. This went about like you'd think: soften garlic in oil, add chard stems and red pepper, season, cook to soften, add chard leaves, mix with cooked pasta, and eat, parmesan optional. Simple.

Then there were leftovers.

Unlike many people, I love leftover pasta. I love it so much that I will eat it cold out of the fridge. Of course, if I feel like it, I will also mix it with beaten egg, put it in a hot frying pan, and come up with this:

fried leftover pastaFried leftover pasta eggy pancake! It is super easy, uses up your otherwise sad leftovers, and takes maybe three minutes of cooking per side. You can be eating a tasty breakfast in well under ten minutes.

You also have the option to chop and add whatever odd bits and pieces of vegetable you have lying around to the pasta and egg before cooking; this way you get even more tasty breakfast. It's a win win win win win.

3 comments:

Jes said...

I'm a sucker for leftover pasta too--but mixing it with egg & frying is genius! So going to try that soon.

eatme_delicious said...

Yum yum yum love this use for leftover pasta! I've made something similar before but made the pasta with the sole purpose of doing this to it haha. I love when the pasta gets a bit crispy from frying.

Eileen said...

I think the fried leftover pasta is possibly my favorite way to eat it, whether with egg or otherwise. Fried pasta fagioli with olives is particularly good! I mean, as long as it's thick and not all soupy, so it won't run everywhere. :)