Food for further sickness ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

05 April 2011

Food for further sickness

You know what's nice to have in your freezer when a cold settles into the back of your sinus cavity? Chicken broth. Vegetable broth is also acceptable. I would eat bean broth as well. You want broth.

Heat up broth; season with soy sauce, sriracha, and rice vinegar; simmer freezer stash of dumplings in broth; serve with chopped green onion, cilantro if you like it, and a tear-inducing amount of sambal oelek.

That was pretty good.

I also ate lots of fruit. Cara cara oranges, tangerines, clementines, and these:

Yay, early season strawberries and champagne mango. If I'd gone to the farmer's market this weekend (I slept through it; horrors!), I would totally have supplemented this mix with kiwi, for indulgence trifecta.

2 comments:

Jes said...

Health! Health your way!

(But the broth is beautiful)

Eileen said...

Thank you! And I do actually feel better now, fortunately. :)