Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

25 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you had one of these:

pumpkin pie

We had plenty of leftovers. Fortunately, pumpkin pie also makes an excellent breakfast.

The final menu went as follows:
- crackers, pickles, olives, pretzels, and various snacky business
- black bean sweet potato soup
- mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy
- green salad with homemade red wine dijon vinaigrette
- coconut oil & cashew pumpkin pie

We were also supposed to have copious roasted veg--two trays--but managed to burn both of them through not paying attention. That's ok, though--there was certainly plenty of everything else.

A good time was had by all.

I hope everyone in the US is having a great holiday weekend!

8 comments:

Caz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes burns things! Pie for breakfast sounds good to me. :)

Eileen said...

I think everyone burns something sometimes--even on occasions like Thanksgiving. Maybe especially on Thanksgiving! Nothing like stress to make you mess something up. But! The important thing was that we had lots of time hanging out with one of our dearest friends. Yay!

elizabeth (bubbleteafordinner) said...

Oh geez, Eileen, I wasn't craving thanksgiving dinner, but not I am like crazy! Everything sounds so perfect... especially that pie (I'm a sucker for cashews).

MxH said...

I can't believe it's been so long since I've been here! Too long, man. Too long.

Tell me about that pie crust. It looks formidable.

Michelle said...

I'd think burning it was a sign you were having a good time!

Monica said...

I did indeed have one of those. Your menu sounds amazing, especially that pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving!

Joanne said...

I'm so glad to hear you guys had so much deliciousness! I've burned a few batches of roasted veggies recently...and may or may not have still eaten them anyway lol. need to be more conscientious about it!

Eileen said...

We were certainly having a good time--maybe a little too good! :)

The pie crust is from this Food52 article. It's really just a standard pie crust with coconut oil instead of butter. I used whole wheat flour, too, because that's how I roll. So it was a little problematic to make, being pie crust at all, but the end result was well worth it. WELL.

Hope you guys all had a wonderful holiday!