All holiday all the time ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

14 February 2013

All holiday all the time

Man, this week is just packed full of festivities. Pancake Day! Pazcki Day! Lincoln's birthday! Mardi Gras! The state of the union address! Ash Wednesday! Chinese New Year! Valentine's Day! I bet I'm missing a few more!

You know I'm the one who wants to celebrate the state of the union instead of any actual holidays. HA.

Okay, maybe Pazcki Day too. The thing is that there aren't really any pazcki in the bay area, at least that I'm aware of, so celebrating with them is a bit difficult, especially a couple days after the fact. Now I miss Michigan. I hear the best pazcki in Ann Arbor are at Amadeus...

Right. Anyway, because it is actually Valentine's Day today, have a delightful treat.

valentine's day oatmeal with yogurt and raspberry jam

That's right: oatmeal with yogurt and raspberry jam is about as valentiney as it gets at our house. And let me tell you: it is really, really good. Who needs dessert when you can have such an amazing breakfast?

Of course, I'm also making myself a lovely batch of shrimp etouffee for lunch--but that's a little more in line with Mardi Gras.

Oh well. Happy festivity of your choice!

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

Hannah said...

I've always been a peanut butter girl when it comes to oatmeal, but that raspberry jam looks so packed with fruit and stunning!

elizabeth (bubbleteafordinner) said...

holy that's a lot of holidays! haha, thanks for the heads up... I'm especially amused by Pazcki Day, but maybe that's just because I think donuts are usually hilarious... I almost want to make some (PS super romantic raspberry oatmeal, there! we split a coconut-milk & jelly sundae, so also untraditional ^^)

Michelle said...

So many holidays, so little time.

Gintare @Gourmantine said...

I've just been on an oatmeal kick lately, it may not be the most romantic thing, but it's a great to eat!

Jes said...

Don't forget Darwin's birthday! :)

Loving the oatmeal.

Caz said...

Huge fan of oatmeal or porridge as us Brits call it. Looks so delicious I could eat it right now! Happy whichever festivity you celebrate to you too. :)

Unknown said...

Holy moly! You read my mind on Pazcki Day! I was thinking of making them this weekend. :)

Eileen said...

I knew I forgot some holidays! :P Oh well. That's ok--I'm so glad to see the oatmeal love! And now I Really want paczki. But I've never made doughnuts of any kind, and in fact most doughnuts make me feel glurgy...I don't know, man. But I could put more raspberry jam in the middles!

Joanne said...

I told The.Boy. just yesterday that next year I should do a post about foods to make to celebrate the state of the union address! Too funny.