Typical weeknight dinners ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

07 February 2013

Typical weeknight dinners

I seem to have been making and eating the same things over and over. Don't we all do that sometimes? I propose that the answer is yes.


Hey, it's another plate of fried rice! Guess what this one is made with? That's right--leftover Chinese takeout, in this case the chef's special chicken and leeks. No eggs, but I added a handful of supplemental garlic and bell pepper. It was so good.


Hey, it's another bowl of noodles! This one is almost exactly the same as my previous ramen with oyster mushrooms. The only different bit is some lemongrass in the broth. Delightful.


Hey, it's another plate of migas, finished off with half an avocado and a liberal sprinkling of hot sauce! Oh man, migas are good. OM NOM NOM.

What foods do you cook and eat over and over and over?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

There is something pretty comforting [and efficient] about eating the same stuff. Those migas look so good!

I've been having green smoothies for breakfast and eating a lot of chicken curry stir fries, egg sandwiches, and wine/cheese/baguette. Thankfully there are some vegetables in there somewhere.

Catherine Weber said...

I tend to run the "bean and cheese quesadilla" tape pretty often. :)

Erin @ The Speckled Palate said...

Love this! And I'd never heard of migas until this morning... so I'm gonna have to give those babies a shot sometime in the near future. They look and sound delightful, especially with all that avocado.

One thing I could eat all the time is Eggplant Parmesan or homemade pizza. Are either particularly healthy? Nope. But are they delicious? Umm, heck yes!

Jes said...

This week: a vat of tomato soup I made the night before G flew out of town. He left me with almost the whole thing. Dear god, I'm sick of it.

In general, though, I guess we do pasta variations every now and then...I'm not one for cooking the same things a lot though. Well, other than stir-frys.

Loving the migas thing! Ate a bagel today, thought of you!

Caz said...

We are always rotating round the same meals after work. At the moment risottos, baked potatos and falafels! I've never heard of or tried migas before but it does look very tasty. :)

Joanne said...

Mmmm now I really want migas! And yes...I do eat the same things pretty frequently!

Eileen said...

I think nearly all of everyone's repeat foods show up as repeats at our house from time to time! The only exception is eggplant parm. Quesadillas and soup in particular are constant--especially because 1. quesadillas take three minutes to make and 2. soup can go in the freezer for easy dinner later, when you aren't sick of it anymore. :)

Haley said...

Wow Eileen, you eat very well! Several of these weeknight dishes look simply amazing!