Christmas eve carbohydrate party ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

31 December 2010

Christmas eve carbohydrate party

You guys, I think the pizza party for christmas eve was the best idea ever. We are definitely going to do this as close to every year as possible. YES.

Dough: I used a pretty standard recipe that I got off the Pioneer Woman, because hey, why not? I used wheat flour, and kneaded the living daylights out of the dough before letting it rise.

We spent all afternoon occasionally stirring a massive pot of excellent sauce. Just imagine it about two feet to the left, ok? Then there was the grating cheese/chopping peppers/slicing mushrooms/dicing onions part of the day. Look at all the cheese! We had mozzarella, parmesan, romano, and asiago. CHEESE.

This pizza was mine and mine alone: A HA HA HA HA. Look at those excellent crispy edges! Thin crust for the win.

Here is my preferred method of eating pizza: smother it in arugula. That's one excellent thing about California: there is still available baby arugula in the farmer's market on December 19th. Nice.

I ate it.

No comments: