Breakfast in NYC ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

21 April 2010

Breakfast in NYC

Oh, you thought it was going to be bagels? Well, that happens sometimes, but so does this:

Leftover Thai delivery. This one is my default basil/onion/tofu concoction, and after ten minutes in the toaster oven with rice and a little water, it's perfect. Occasional breakfast Thai is one of my favorite things about living in NYC, which is perhaps lame, but whatever. You know why breakfasts like this didn't happen in California? There was no available Thai delivery. How Silicon Valley gets away with that I don't know.

I really have to figure out how to cook tofu that is not just delicious initially but also on reheating. I mean, tofu is notoriously difficult to cook well, but I still manage to make palatable dinners. It's just that the leftovers are another story.

No comments: