Oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

31 January 2011

Oatmeal oatmeal oatmeal

I've been eating amazing amounts of oatmeal lately. I think I had this one very early in the morning before running at top speed to catch the bus for my doctor's appointment.

I don't really do the fancy oatmeal that's been going around for the past few years. These are rolled oats cooked on the stovetop, with water to cover, a pinch of salt, and maybe a little butter. For those of you who may only be familiar with instant oatmeal, the stovetop version takes about five minutes. All you do is boil. That's it. Then your oatmeal is cooked and you can eat it.

While these oats were cooking, I broke up a handful of pecans and quickly toasted them in a little frying pan. Then I chopped up some dried apricots. Voila!

Have with black tea, as long as you're not also running swiftly out the door. Then the tea will be too hot and you'll end up leaving it on the counter, especially if you own no travel mugs. That's ok; oats work pretty well by themselves.

No comments: