Post-Portland: tea, tea, and more tea ~ Ham Pie Sandwiches

03 November 2013

Post-Portland: tea, tea, and more tea

A nice cup of tea

One thing that happens when you live in someone else's house for any significant time is that you start eating like them. And cooking like them. And drinking like them.

This is definitely a good thing, especially when said someone elses have a big box of Tetley tea bags and a jug or two of whole milk in the house at all times.

I started drinking many gigantic mugs of serious black tea with milk, and I like it.

I like it so much that I bought a second box of tea for the house at approximately the 1 week mark of our stay in Portland.

Now that we're back home, we went to the store and got a box of Tetley and another of PG Tips, largely because the only Tetley in said store was decaf. I got some of it anyway, because another thing that definitely happened in Portland is that my caffeine intake went through the roof, but still.

We also bought a quart of whole milk. I can't remember the last time I bought any amount of whole milk that wasn't immediately destined for a white sauce.

I've had approximately three cups of strong milky tea in the ten or so hours since we were at the store. There looks to be at least one more in my future tonight.

8 comments:

foodfeud said...

Tea is fantastic! I drink it a lot in the fall and winter. The coffee tour of Portland sounded fun but there is something about a nice cup o' tea at home.

Michelle said...

Good tea and whole milk is such a great combo. I'm glad Portland kept you caffeinated. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Jes said...

Tea is totally my go-to in fall and winter (especially now that I don't drink caffeine any more). I always try to find a rooibos for an herbal alternative because it's a little more black-tea-like.

erin @ yummy supper said...

Black tea with lots of milk ( or cream!) and sugar is so good. Eileen, I can see how you easily got addicted:)

xoxo
E

Caz said...

I'm so glad you've discovered the joys of a good cup of tea. Us Brits live on the stuff. :) Enjoy!

Joanne said...

I go through phases with tea...some months I am all about it every day and some months i could take it or leave it. With all this cold weather I definitely feel another craving phase coming on!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen said...

I like a little coconut milk in my tea as well especially when I'm drinking rooibos.

undercover caterer said...

YES YES! My go-to is PG Tips, milk and one spoonful of sugar. Delicious and oddly satisfying.